An impressive breakfast sandwich!
The salami adds the perfect amount of salt to this cheesy grilled breakfast sandwich! This will not disappoint if you are looking for a perfect brunch recipe. The scrambled egg, salami and cheese is the perfect trio.
I created this recipe for an old boyfriend. He loved salami & egg scramble, so I turned it into a sandwich to mix it up. I am almost sure I can turn anything into a grilled sandwich!
This sandwich needs a few things to be the great breakfast it is:
First is the bread, either sour dough or white sesame works the best. I have used whole wheat and plain white but no, it is just never as delicious.
Second, the diced salami. You could use no salami or maybe bacon or diced ham but then it wouldn’t be The Gregwich. The salami gives it a perfectly salty greasy in a good way flavour.
You can use whatever cheese you want, I use whatever we have and always shredded because it melts way easier.
The Salami Gregwhich
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup diced salami
- scrambled eggs 4 eggs for 2 – 3 sandwiches
- sour dough or white sesame bread
- Heat frying pan over medium heat
- Butter the outside of each slice of bread
- Start building your sandwich with pressing a lot of shredded cheese onto the none-buttered side of the bread
- Sprinkle some salami and then lay scrambled eggs (some will fall off), sprinkle with salami and more cheese
- Now add the slice of bread to the top and press down pretty good, some might fall out (that's how you know you made it right)
- Place it in the pan and lid it, flip when golden brown (easier with tongs)
- Once flipped, press down a bit on the sandwich to bind the cheese and eggs and lid it for a few seconds
- Once browned, slide of off pan and slice across, always cut a grilled cheese before serving!