This Pineapple Blueberry Loaf is so sweet and juicy! The pineapple and blueberries work so nice together. The pineapple flavour comes in as sweet apple and the blueberries adds a juicy flavourful bite!
Cut the sugar down by half if you like and it will still be so delicious! The pineapple is sweet enough to cover a lot of the sugar.
Benefits of Pineapple: Vitamin C, Manganese, Fibre, B Vitamins (Thiamin, Niacin, B6 and Folate), Various Minerals (Copper, Potassium and Magnesium).
Benefits of Blueberries: Rich in Antioxidants, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Manganese, and Dietary Fibre.
My toddler loves this pineapple blueberry recipe as mini muffins! If you make mini muffins, make sure you distribute blueberries evenly in the muffin tin. Sometimes too many blueberries will be hiding in one spoonful. The muffin will be a bit too juicy with that many blueberries in one mini muffin!
This sweet quick bread recipe is a perfect touch at a summer picnic! The pineapple is so sunny and happy while the blueberry adds a nice colour pop to each bite! Sprinkle some sugar onto for some textured sweetness.
Don’t forget to coat the blueberries in flour. It helps them stay put and not sink to the bottom!
Let me know if you make a loaf, muffins or both! And comment below if you enjoyed them!!
Pineapple Blueberry Loaf
- 1 1/4 cup shredded or crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 melted butter or canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- Grease a pan or use muffin cups
- In a big bowl mix the pineapple with the sugars until well combined
- Add oil and egg, mix well. Set aside
- Coat the blueberries with flour before and let sit while you mix up the dry ingredients
- Mix all the dry ingredient together in separate bowl
- Before adding the dry ingredient to the wet pineapple mixture, give the pineapple mixture one last good stir
- Now combine the dry slowly to the wet until just combined
- Fold in the blueberries
- Pour batter into loaf pan(s). Sprinkle with sugar (optional)
- Bake at 350 for 12 – 15 minutes or until golden brown (the shine will disappear)