These are fluffy chocolate chip banana cupcakes with a touch of cinnamon!
The difference between these banana cupcakes and my banana bread is that texture and the sweetness. Banana bread is more sticky sweet and the texture is less fluffy. The chocolate chip cinnamon banana cupcakes are fluffy and less sweet, loaded with chocolate and are perfect for icing!
Ice with peanut butter icing – 1/2 cup peanut butter and 3 tbs powdered sugar!
When I buy bananas for the family I always buy extra so I have overripe bananas by the weekend. Do not use green or yellow green or even yellow bananas. You need to use overripe soft spotty bananas for this recipe. It gives the best texture and sweetness to any banana bread recipe!
What you’ll need:
- bananas – you could use 3 and the ripe the better
- white sugar
- brown sugar
- Butter – use a light cooking oil in replace like canola or vegatable
- baking soda
- baking powder
- mini chocolate chips – I generally only us mini chips when baking for the perfect distribution
Mash bananas and beat in white sugar and brown sugar, add the vanilla, combine well. Mix in the butter and then beat in the eggs until smooth, set aside. In another bowl whisk together all the ingredients until combined. Give the banana mixture one last good stir to combine sugars more. Slowly add the dry to the banana mixture, mixing well until smooth. Stir in mini chocolate chips.
Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Banana Cupcakes
- 1 Mini Muffin Tin
- 4 ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter or light cooking oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mash bananas and beat in white sugar and brown sugar, add the vanilla, combine well
- Mix in the butter and then beat in the eggs until smooth, set aside
- In another bowl whisk together all the ingredients until combined
- Give the banana mixture one last good stir to combine sugars more
- Slowly add the dry to the banana mixture, mixing well until smooth
- Stir in mini chocolate chips
- Prepare your mini muffin (cup cake) tin with paper cups, cooking spray or butter
- Bake in preheated oven at 350F for 20 – 25 minutes, or until golden brown
- Let them cool slightly and enjoy plain or ice will peanut butter icing!