The Best Banana Bread You Will Ever Make!
This banana bread recipe is loaded with mini chocolate chips and sweetness. You can use 2 – 4 overripe bananas and it will always turn out amazing! This chocolate chip banana bread is requested from friends and family at least once a week.
When I buy bananas for the family I always buy extra so I have overripe bananas by the weekend. Do not use green or yellow green or even yellow bananas. You need to use overripe soft spotty bananas for this recipe. It gives the best texture and sweetness to any banana bread recipe!
This recipe is so simple with just 3 overripe bananas, sugar, vanilla, egg, flour, baking soda and salt.
It’s all in the method!
The reason this chocolate chip banana bread is the best is because of the method.
The method is in the wet ingredients:
- Mix the bananas and sugar first until smooth.
- Add the vanilla and melted butter, combine well.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- Let wet ingredient sit while you mix the dry in a separate bowl.
- BEFORE mixing the dry to the wet, give the wet a good stir again.
I swear the method of mixing that way creates the BEST BANANA BREAD TEXTURE EVER!
Storage & Reheating
Store in freezer properly wrapped for up to 6 months, let sit on counter to defrost.
More Recipes From Third Street Eats!
Dutch Apple Pies
Pineapple Blueberry Loaf
Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 3 bananas
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbs vanilla
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup dark mini chocolate chips reserve about a handful for the top
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Grease a loaf pan and add strip of parchment in the centre with some hanging over the edge of the loaf pan. This helps to remove the loaf after it has cooled.
- In a big bowl mash the bananas with the sugars until combined.
- Add the vanilla and melted butter, stir until combined and butter has cooled slightly.
- Add the egg and mix well, set aside.
- Mix all the dry ingredient together.
- Before adding the dry ingredient to the wet banana mixture, give the banana mixture one last good stir.
- Now combine the dry slowly to the wet banana mixture until just combined.
- Mix in the chocolate chips, do not over mix just distribute them evenly in the batter.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and top with extra mini chocolate chips. I like a lot of chocolate chips on top, it makes the loaf look amazingly more chocolatey and delicious!
- Bake until lightly golden brown, about an hour. Check with toothpick.