The easiest pierogi casserole made with only 3 main ingredients!
Frozen pierogi’s, jar of salsa and cheese is all you need for this simple comfort dish.
Simple Salsa Pierogi Casserole
Baked frozen pierogi's with salsa and cheese
- 1 bag frozen pierogis any flavour, I like sour cream and herb, cheese or pizza pierogi's
- 1 jar of salsa about 2.5 cups or homemade salsa
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese optional
- 1 tbs chilli powder
- 2 tbs olive oil any cooking oil
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Spray the baking dish and line the bottom with frozen pierogis and sprinkle with chilli power, salt and pepper
- Pour the jar of salsa over the pierogis and spread over evenly
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until a little bubbly and the pierogis are cooked through
- Take out of oven and add shredded cheese, broil for 2-3 minutes (keep your eye on it being the broiling process is very fast) remove when the cheese is slightly golden brown
- Take out and let sit for a few minutes before serving with a dollop of sour cream, enjoy!
Use any size baking dish depending on how many people you are feeding Add a taco ground beef mixture or shredded chicken on top before you pour over the salsa Add onion, jalapeño, tomato and cilantro or make your own salsa This is a nice dish to make and bake later