Ooey gooey peanut butter chocolate cinnamon rolls!
Easy peanut butter cinnamon rolls with sweetened peanut butter filling, chocolate shavings and peanut butter icing. The best part is they are made from Pillsbury instant cinnamon rolls which makes this recipe so easy!
All you need is peanut butter and a Pillsbury cinnamon roll tube.
The easiest cinnamon roll hack ever!
- Mix the powdered sugar and the peanut butter together, unroll the cinnamon roll dough and smear the peanut butter sugar filling on evenly.
- Shave some chocolate or add mini chips.
- Gently roll up the cinnamon rolls and bake as per instructed. Some of the peanut butter will soak into the cinnamon bun dough, it gives it an awesome texture.
- While the rolls are baking, mix the icing that come with the tube with peanut butter.
- When the rolls are done, take out and let cool before icing with the peanut butter icing.
- Microwave the peanut butter icing right before you are going to apply. It will harden up slightly after you ice the cinnamon rolls.
Purchase the Pillsbury cinnamon rolls while they are on sale! You can use the grande or the original rolls. I used Kraft natural peanut butter and it works perfectly. Use whatever peanut butter your family likes.
Peanut Butter Cinnamon Buns (Pillsbury)
Cinnamon buns with sweetened peanut butter filling, chocolate shavings and peanut butter icing
- 1 tube Pillsbury cinnamon buns grande or original
Peanut Butter Filling
- 3/4 cups peanut butter
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
Peanut Butter Icing
- icing cup that comes with the tube
- 2 tbsp peanut butter filling
- 1/8 cup grated chocolate or mini chips
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix together the peanut butter and powdered sugar until smooth
- Empty the icing cup into a bowl and mix with 2 tbsp of peanut butter sugar filling until smooth, set aside
- Open the cinnamon bun tube and unroll the dough
- Spread the peanut butter sugar mixture onto the cinnamon dough
- Sprinkle chocolate over peanut butter sugar mixture and roll back up (not to tightly)
- Slice each roll and place into baking dish
- Bake in preheated oven as per instruction or until golden brown
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly before icing
- Warm up the peanut butter icing for 20 seconds in the microwave and pour over each cinnamon bun
- Enjoy while warm!