This open faced turkey eggwich is perfect for someone who likes a runny egg yolk!
The best part of this dish is the egg yolk pouring out over the sandwich and soaking into the French bread!
**Beautiful photos of this incredible yet inexpensive recipe to come soon!**
The Italian seasoning ground turkey patty is a nice balance of herbs with perfect texture because I do not add eggs to the ground turkey. This is a fancy take on my favourite Italian seasoned BBQ turkey burger recipe!
This is an inexpensive, easy yet super delicious recipe. Speaking of delicious try this Intoxicating Lasagna recipe.
Open Faced Turkey Eggwich
A seasoned turkey patty on a thick slice of French bread topped with a fried egg
- 1 loaf of French bread sliced an inch thick Texas toast or any loaf sliced thick
- 4 fried eggs one per patty
- 1 lb ground turkey makes 4 turkey patties
- 1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley or 4 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tbs Italian seasoning
- 1 tbs worcestershire
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup mayonaise not miracle whip
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
Italian Turkey Patty
- In a bowl mix together the ground turkey, breadcrumbs, parsley, seasoning and worcestershire until combined
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, cook the turkey patties throughly and set aside
- Fry up four eggs leaving them slightly runny, try not to flip them
- Slice the French bread into 1 – 1.5 inch slices
- Butter the slices with the garlic aioli and add the turkey patty and then the egg
- Optional: Sprinkle with grated cheese
I do not add turkey gravy over top this open faced turkey sandwich. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t. If you think it’s going to level this dish up for you, do it! But please try a bite before you cover it with gravy and also let me know if you think it’s better with the gravy! Thanks for giving this recipe a chance!