This apple sauce raisin spice cake has the perfect texture and amount of spices!
The juicy raisins add a nice burst of flavour with each bite. You can easily replace the raisins with a diced juicy apple for the same delicious texture.
The ingredients needed:
- brown sugar
- raisins *soaked in hot water for 15 – 30 to plump up the raisins
- apple sauce *sweetened or unsweetened
- baking powder
- baking soda
I make this for my family during the holidays because it taste like what I wish fruit cake tasted like, Christmasy and actually good. Fruit cake taste like Christmas in a bad way in my opinion. If you know a fruit cake recipe that is actually good PLEASE leave link it below, I would love to try one!
IMPORTANT TIP: You have to let the mixture cool before you add the eggs because the egg will cook. You can skip the raisins or substitute with diced apple or chocolate chips.
Apple Raisin Spice Cake
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup raisins you can soak in hot water for 15 – 30 to plump up the raisins
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Grease the cake pan with butter or spray and add a strip of parchment for easy removal
- Combine all the ingredient in a sauce pan expect for the flour, baking powder and baking soda
- Bring mixture to a gentle boil for 3 minutes
- Let cool and beat in the eggs well
- Mix in dry ingredient until well combined
- Bake at 350F for 30-45 minutes or until not shiny on top. Check with tooth pick