A sweet creamy tomato meat sauce perfect for any pasta noodle!
The gournay cheese aka Borsin adds a creamy texture with mild herby taste. The honey cuts down acidity from the tomatoes. Each layer of flavour you get with every bite is so satisfying!
This Gournay Honey Meat Sauce is so easy to make!
Brown the beef, drain, add onions, cook, add the rest of the ingredient except the honey and gournay cheese. Add those last so you don’t over cook the creamy cheese or lose any honey flavour.
Try this meat sauce on any pasta noodle. I would suggest spaghetti, penne, spiral or shells. But honestly, any pasta would do. Maybe not the tiniest pasta noodle in the world.
Another great option is to bake it in the oven!
Just mix the finished meat sauce with the noodles and bake in the oven at 400F for 20-25 minutes, take out and layer top with cheese. Broil for a few minutes. Keep your eye on it! Remove when cheese is slightly golden brown and bubbly.
Comment below what pasta noodle you used!
**Delicious photos of this sweet dish coming soon!**
Gournay Honey Meat Sauce
- 1 lb ground beef
- 12 oz spaghetti noodles any pasta noodle will technically work
- 1 jar of tomato sauce roughly 2 1/2 cups
- 1 cup gournay cheese such as Borsin
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked pepper or to taste
- 1/8 tsp salt or to taste
- Make the pasta, add salt & pepper with a little olive oil and set aside
- Over medium heat brown the ground beef and drain the fat
- Add the onions and cook until translucent
- Add the zucchini and garlic and cook until you can smell the garlic or 1 minute (do not over cook garlic, once browned it becomes bitter)
- Now pour in the tomato sauce and seasoning. Bring to a boil then turn down to a simmer for 20 minutes or until the sauce thickens a little
- Once the meat sauce has thickened, add the honey and gournay cheese, stir until the cheese melts in and combines