This is a perfect recipe for the holiday season because you most likely will be sent home with left over mashed potatoes from a Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner this year!
These potato pancakes are good for breakfast, lunch or dinner. You can pour gravy over them, dip in sour cream or ranch. You can leave the cheese out and they are still delicious. You can also add whatever spices to change up the flavour.
Try these savoury mashed potato pancakes with our Spiced Up Roast Chicken Recipe and serve those with a Sour Cream Carrot side!
This is also a fantastic breakfast side. Try this easy Oven Baked Bacon recipe and side with your favourite egg style!
I make mashed potatoes quit often for dinner. When I do I always make more than we need just so I can make this the next day! Try this out with your Christmas dinner left over mashed potatoes and let me know how it turns out & comment below!
Cheesy Fried Potato Pancakes
- 1 cup cold mashed potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter or oil for frying
- Mix together mashed potatoes, egg, shredded cheese, flour, and all seasoning into a bowl until well combined
- Heat a thin layer of vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium heat
- Working in batches to not over crowd the pan, drop clumps of the potato mixture into the hot frying pan and flatten into a patty.
- Cook until golden brown for about 3 minutes per side
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream