This is the perfect peach cobbler because it calls for frozen peaches. Frozen peaches make this a quick dessert recipe for anytime of the year!
This is a great recipe for a summer dessert served with vanilla ice cream. I love that it calls for frozen peaches because they are not always in season. I make this whenever I find frozen bags of peaches on sale.
This peach cobbler can be make in a skillet or in any oven safe dish with high edges. You can also make mini’s in small ramekins and top with a scoop of ice cream, perfect for a garden party or BBQ.
Peach Cobbler (Frozen Peaches)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 package frozen peaches
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Melt butter in cast iron skillet and set aside
- Add peaches, 1/4 cup sugar and water to the melted butter
- In a bowl combine all the dry ingredients and stir in milk
- Pour batter over melted butter in the cast iron skillet and arrange peaches over batter, pour left over liquid over top
- Bake until golden brown around 30 minutes