A fluffy cocoa cookie with mini chocolate chips topped with chocolate pebbles!
The chocolate pebbles are vanilla candy coated milk chocolate rock shaped topping. You can purchase them from bulk barn. If you can’t get them this double chocolate cookie is still perfection.
This double chocolate chip cookie melts in your mouth with every bite!
The chocolate pebbles are from bulk barn, you could use m&m or smarties for the candy topping. For the chocolate chips, I like mini chocolate chips the best for most of my recipes. I mention this in a lot of posts, but you get a better bite per cookie to chip ratio!
butter – do not melt, let it soften to room temperature
brown sugar – if you don’t have any use white sugar
all purpose flour
cocoa powder – dutch or black cocoa for a dark rich flavour like Oreo cookies
mini dark chocolate chips – you could use milk chocolate mini chips, I just like dark chocolate
chocolate pebbles – from bulk barn
Super easy like all Third Street Eats recipes:
Pre heat oven to 350°F (if you know about SEO then you know why I am listing all this out lol)
In large bowl, beat butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla until light and fluffy
In another bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda/powder and salt
Combine the dry with the wet mixture and then mix in the chocolate chips
Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto parchment paper covered cookie sheet. Flatten down evenly and shape into a round cookie *see video
Top with 5-7 chocolate pebbles, do not over crowd
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the shine disappears and the cookie look matte on the top
Let cool bit because the chocolate rocks will be lava hot and enjoy!
More Cookie Recipes From Third Street
Birthday Cake Cookie
One Bowl Cookie n Creme Chip Cookie
Cinnamon Creme Chip Cookie
Alterations or Substitutes
Use only white sugar if that is all you have by adding a total of 3/4 cups white sugar.
Top with other candy coated chocolate like smarties or m&ms.
Top with chocolate chips if thats all you have.
Don’t press them down at all for a rounder still delicious cookie.
Double Chocolate Pebble Cookie
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate pebbles for topping *bulk barn
- Pre heat oven to 350°F
- In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla until light and fluffy
- In another bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda/powder and salt
- Combine the dry with the wet mixture and then mix in the chocolate chips
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto parchment paper covered cookie sheet. Flatten down a slightly, evenly and shape into a perfect round cookie
- Top each cookie with 7-10 chocolate pebbles, do not over crowd
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the shine disappears and the cookie look matte
- Let cool and enjoy!