A simple, rainbow confetti birthday cake cookie made from a boxed cake mix!
This is a super cute and easy way to share a birthday treat with a crowd. They are easy to make and kids will love them. These birthday cake cookies are big, thick and soft!
This is the easiest cookie to make and it’s done in one bowl AND already has the sprinkles in the mix. I made these birthday cake cookies for a toddlers birthday party and they were a hit!
What to buy:
Any confetti mix cake box – Betty Crocker Rainbow Bit, Duncan Hines or Pillsbury Funfetti.
Butter – salted or unsalted (just adjust the salt accordingly) but do not melt, leave out at room temperature to soften.
Baking Soda – This helps the cookie rise on the baking sheet.
Different toppings or ingredients:
- Add a cup of mini white creme chocolate chips
- Drizzle with white chocolate
- Ice with vanilla icing
- Top with vanilla ice cream
Mix the baking soda with the box cake mix first. This way it will be mixed throughly and you won’t get a baking soda bite.
Leave room on the baking sheet in between each cookie because they spread out a little while baking.
If you’re craving a chocolate cookie try this One Bowl Cookie N Creme cookie recipe
Confetti Birthday Cake Cookie
- 1 Betty Crocker rainbow bit super moist cake mix any brand of rainbow bit boxed cake mix
- 1/2 cup soften butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350F, grease or line cookie sheet with parchment paper
- In a bowl mix together the cake mix and baking soda
- Add the butter and mix slightly until butter cools and then combine in the egg
- Scoop even amount of cookie dough onto the cookie tray, leaving room between each cookie because they spread out a bit
- Bake in preheated oven for until slightly golden brown around the edges or 8 – 10 minutes